Inquiry regarding Porosity and Gas Phase Volume Fraction in the DELPHIN Model

Alles zu DELPHIN, dem Programm zur hygrothermischen Bauteilsimulation.

Moderatoren: ghorwin, fechner, ruisinger

Antworten
YueYan

Inquiry regarding Porosity and Gas Phase Volume Fraction in the DELPHIN Model

Beitrag von YueYan »

Dear DELPHIN Team,

I am writing to ask a couple of questions related to the model:

1、Porosity Data: I would like to inquire whether the porosity data provided in the material database corresponds to absolute porosity or effective porosity.

2、Gas Phase Volume Fraction (θg) in the Presence of Ice: In the DELPHIN model, the gas phase volume fraction is defined as θg=θpor-θl. However, when considering the formation of ice, should the formula be adjusted to θg=θpor-θl-θi?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Your insights will be invaluable in helping me better understand and utilize the DELPHIN model for my research.

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

YueYan
fechner

Re: Inquiry regarding Porosity and Gas Phase Volume Fraction in the DELPHIN Model

Beitrag von fechner »

Hello,

1. We have in a material data set two values
- porosity - this is the absolut porosity
- effective moisture content - this is the amount of pores reachable by capillary transport

Yes, you are right. In presence of ice this is taken into account

Best regards
Heiko Fechner
YueYan

Re: Inquiry regarding Porosity and Gas Phase Volume Fraction in the DELPHIN Model

Beitrag von YueYan »

Dear Delphin Team.

Thank you for your answer, I have one more question. In the software help documentation, it is mentioned that a comprehensive description of ice treatment can be found in the paper: Sontag L., Nicolai A.; 2013. Implementation of an efficient numerical solution method to simulate freezing processes in porous media, Proceedings of the 2nd Central European Symposium on Building Physics, Vienna, Austria

Unfortunately, I have attempted to search for this paper without success, and I am reaching out to you for assistance. If it is possible for you to provide me with a copy of the mentioned paper or any relevant information regarding the DELPHIN ice model, it would greatly contribute to my ongoing research.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I appreciate your time and assistance. I am looking forward to your favorable response.

Best regards,
Yue Yan
fechner

Beitrag von fechner »

I have forwarded your request to Mr. Nicolai. He should be able to help you.
Antworten