Salt modeling: Gypsum calculations in DELPHIN

Alles zu DELPHIN, dem Programm zur hygrothermischen Bauteilsimulation.

Moderatoren: ghorwin, fechner, ruisinger

ghorwin

Salt modeling: Gypsum calculations in DELPHIN

Beitrag von ghorwin »

DELPHIN includes a salt transport model. DELPHIN 6 has currently single-species support, e.g. a single salt dissolved into the solution. You have the choice of using Pitzer-parameterization (data set from M. Steiger, see https://bauklimatik-dresden.de/champs/jac_lib/), or providing salt-specific data sets.

For Gypsom, several simplifications are possible. A discussion of the model and parametrization can be found in the dissertation of Jelena Todorovic, see also paper https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub)

With respect to pore clogging discussed in the article, some advanced (and not publicly documented) features are implemented in DELPHIN. If someone wants to use salt transport, please let us know and we will add some example projects to the installer.
salthothumid

Re: Salt modeling: Gypsum calculations in DELPHIN

Beitrag von salthothumid »

Dear Mr. Ghorwin,
My supervisor is studying salt transport in porous materials. I hope you can provide some salt transport example projects. Thank you.
fechner

Beitrag von fechner »

Hello,

You can find some examples in the attached file
Dateianhänge
Salts.zip
Salt examples and database
(19.83 KiB) 622-mal heruntergeladen
salthothumid

Dear Fechner,
when I opened the Delphin with the salt modeling, I found some mistakes。I don't know why. I hope you can help me solve above problem.
Zuletzt geändert von salthothumid am 23 Mär 2022, 09:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
fechner

Beitrag von fechner »

Hello,

For the first point deactivate 'Use strict material function check' in the model options.

Furthermore you need to set the salt database path in the 'salt simulation options'. The database itself is included in the zip file from the first posting.
salthothumid

Dear Fechner,
Thank you for your answer
Zuletzt geändert von salthothumid am 23 Mär 2022, 09:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
fechner

Beitrag von fechner »

Hello,

The error message said you have an non valid combination of balance equations.
Have a look into the 'Modeling and simulation settings'. Which balance equations are switched on? For your simulation you need 'Energy balance', 'Moisture balance' and 'Salt balance' and nothing else.
Why do you use the older DELPHIN 5 version?
salthothumid

Dear Fechner,
Thank you for your answer.
Zuletzt geändert von salthothumid am 23 Mär 2022, 09:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
fechner

Beitrag von fechner »

I will check the DELPHIN 5 problem. Maybe the solver is not created for salt calculations.

For DELPHIN 6 you wilöl find the salt simulation options in the 'model options'. Its not in the main menu. Click on the button with the gear wheels on the left side and you will see it below the check box 'Salt balance equations'.'
salthothumid

Dear Fechner,
thank you
Zuletzt geändert von salthothumid am 23 Mär 2022, 09:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten