Color map plot

Alles zur Software PostProc und PostProc 2, und allgemein zur Datenauswertung (Dateiformate) und Dateninterpretation

Moderatoren: ghorwin, fechner, ruisinger

Antworten
Haalsaad

Color map plot

Beitrag von Haalsaad »

Dear Delphin team,

I am trying to create a color map in which both x and y axes are showing coordinates. When choosing the chart type as "color map plot", the PostProc is by default plotting time on the x-axis and coordinates on the y-axis. As a result, my simulated wall is rotated 90° on the plot (picture attached). How can I fix this? Thank you very much in advance!

PS. I am using PostProc 2.2.2
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (110.27 KiB) 73616 mal betrachtet
fechner

Re: Color map plot

Beitrag von fechner »

Hello,

This should only happen in case of 1D calculations. Here you have only 1 coordinate. Is this a 2D calculation?
Haalsaad

Beitrag von Haalsaad »

This is a 1D calculation. I would like to have coordinates plotted on both x and y axes. Would this be possible with 1D models?
ghorwin

Beitrag von ghorwin »

Hi,

unfortunately, there is no easy way to convert 1D data to 2D data. You have 2 options:

(1) use the DSixOutputConverter tool to mirror the construction vertically/horizontally to get from a 100x1 to 100x2 grid (assuming you had 100 elements before). See documentation here:

https://bauklimatik-dresden.de/postproc ... y_and_data

Then, you can visualize the geometry, though you have probably 2m width of the construction (since 1D geometries usually have 1m width)

(2) make a 2D grid in DELPHIN, so instead of 100x1 you calculate 200x2 - speed shouldn't be that much longer and field outputs can be readily visualized in coordinate-coordinate color map plots.

-Andreas
Haalsaad

Beitrag von Haalsaad »

Thank you very much!
Antworten